My Piano Software is a unique and fun way for kids ages 5 and up to learn how to play piano or keyboard! This software is incredible value for money, and is suitable for Windows and Mac, surely a must for every child who is learning the piano. An animated character named Pam the Piano guides kids through over 100 lessons by former Juilliard School of Music instructor Irma Irene Justicia, M.A. My Piano covers the basics, such as proper hand position and rhythm, and moves on to reading music notation, playing songs and more. An animated keyboard shows kids where to put their fingers as the music plays, and the speed of the music can be adjusted with MIDI tracks so that each child can learn at his or her own pace. When used with a MIDI keyboard, kids get instant feedback on their playing, telling them which notes were played incorrectly and what should have been played instead. Separate audio tracks (left / right hand, full song / voice only) and colorful MIDI accompaniments provide exciting options to have fun with.
My Piano is the complete program that will get your child playing piano! Features:
- Over 100 lessons featuring popular songs.
- Full-motion videos showing playing techniques.
- Standard music notation is gradually introduced.
- Music Tracking highlights notes or chords as they are played.
- Animated Keyboard shows kids where to put their fingers as the music plays.
- Sections of songs can be sped up or slowed down with MIDI tracks, so kids can learn at their own pace.
- Provides specific interactive feedback on incorrectly played notes and rhythms (when used with a MIDI keyboard).
- Creative interactive games make learning fun & exciting.
- Digital Metronome Kids can keep a steady beat with audio and/or visual feedback.
- Digital Recorder Allows kids to record and play themselves back for friends and family to hear!
Research has proven that children who play a musical instrument do better in school, form friendships more easily and gain self-confidence. Get your child started playing with the easy and fun way to learn - eMedia My Piano!
eMedia My Piano Review Excerpts
"My Piano is a great software package to teach younger kids how to play the piano." - Terrance Kibiloski, Computer Times (June 2008)
"One of the best interactive piano training packages available." - Chad Criswell, Music Education Magic (May 2008)
EDITOR’S CHOICE 2008 - Warren Buckleitner, Children's Technology Review
"Seal of Approval, The Toy Man Award of Excellence & eChoice Award" - The Toy Man (August 2008)
"2008 Honor Award Winner" - National Parenting Publications Awards (November 2008)
"As a trained pianist, eMedia My Piano is a great first time program to jump-start a future pianist into playing piano at an early age...this program uses the same basic training methods that I went through." - Joshua Virata, The U.S. Daily
4 out of 5 Rating "Top Notch" - John Nemerovski, MyMac.com
"2008 Preferred Choice Award" - Creative Child Magazine (July 2008)
"Well thought out and engaging" - Teaching Music Magazine (October 2008)"
System Requirements for Windows and Mac
Windows XP/Vista/Windows 7
64 MB of free RAM, CD-ROM
Mac OS X 10.3 or later
64 MB of free RAM, CD-ROM